Thursday, September 6, 2012

New Engine, Chevy 350!

I have came to the realization that the Chevy 427 I previously thought I was going to use is just too big and bulks and weighs more than I would like for this project. Thus, I went on a search for a Chevy 350 which even though it's not that many less cubic inches it's outside dimensions are much smaller as it is a small block and the 427 is a big block. I found one on a nearby farm inside of an old Chevy C60, lifted the front end up with a front-end loader, and dragged it nearly 2 miles driving backwards to my workplace. Here's a picture of the truck.



The engine definitely looks pretty dumpy right now and will for sure need some work but I have found a nice Edelbrock 600cfm carburator and a Edelbrock Performer intake manifold together for $125 on craigslist that will be a nice start.


No comments:

Post a Comment