Sunday, September 30, 2012

Engine and Rear End Mounting

I just wanted to update everyone on how the build was coming so far, time has been limited lately but progress has been made. Since last time I got the transmission mounted to the Chevy 350 engine and started mounting it in the frame, Ive got the front mount made and now I just need to made a mount for the back of the engine. Here's a picture of the front mount, it's probably the simplest design there is but it works great, I just need to cut off the extra on the two ends now.


I also got a rear end out of an old 1980 chevy pickup and put a set of wheels and 34" tires on it. I then set it up behind the frame to take some measurements and I am now designing the 4-link suspension that I will use to attach it to the frame. There's more on the rear end and drivetrain under the "Drivetrain" tab near the top of the page.


I also started the engine up for the first time, it runs but will need some tuning to get it exactly how I want it, I'll post a video of it running soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment