Monday, August 6, 2012

SolidWorks!

In a previous post I had said that I would be using the CAD software "Bend Tech" which is a great program for making all sorts of chassis, roll cages, bumpers, and much more at a very affordable price. But I recently got my hands on the SolidWorks program from work at no cost to me and since money is a big factor in this build I have decided to use the SolidWorks software to help me design a chassis.

In reality, unless you can find a Solidworks program you can use for little or no cost, in my opinion Bend Tech is still the better option. Not because it is a better program as you can do so much more in SolidWorks but because if it fits the requirements for what you are designing it is thousands of dollars cheaper.

I am currently designing up the chassis and will have a post on it soon.


1 comment:

  1. I love solidworks, I never thought I would switch from AutoCAD, I have used it for a long while now and would not recomend anything else.

    Solidworks Training

    ReplyDelete