Monday, August 6, 2012

Frame Design and Cost

Here is what I have come up with thus far for a frame, sorry it is a little bit hard to see and the reference lines are still there. (I'll try to get better picture soon) It is more of a race buggy style frame but still with the solid axles and big V8 of a rock crawler, it's almost like a crossover between the two which will be nice for a big variety of terrain. 

The axles, wheels, engine, tranny, and seats where all measured up and then I made mock up's of them to assure it would all fit. I also measure how much head room and leg room I would need and made sure the frame fit the requirements of that as well.

All together, there will be about 210 feet of 1 1/2 inch by .120 inch round tubing used in the construction of the frame which will cost me just under $400 from "The Steel Yard" in Portland, OR. This price will fit my budget perfectly. (There's a link to "The Steel Yard" website on the right side of the page)

Let me know what you think in the comments below.



No comments:

Post a Comment