Monday, August 20, 2012

A Weekends Work

I have started the build. After finally getting all the materials I need and finalizing the design it was time to start the cutting and welding. Over the weekend I assemble the Notchmaster from JD Squared, (by the way I got the Notchmaster instead of the TN-100 as I had said in a previous post because I had hear better reviews about it), made a jig out of some scrapped wood, and started cutting up and assembling pieces for the frame.

Here is the Notchmaster after making many, many notches. So far its been great, just took a little fine tuning to get set-up right, as with all tool like this though. I've just been using a cheap old bi-metal hole 1 1/2 inch hole saw from Home Depot with it, it's been though over 35 cuts and still amazingly sharp. There's a link to Home Depot's website on the right side of the page, and here's a link to the 1 1/2 inch hole saw I am using.


Here's the jig I made up to assist in building the frame. Yes it is wood but is precise, cheap, and easy and quick to put together.


And here is the first work on the frame, still got a long way to go but at least it's starting to look like the design.




Let me know what you think so far, leave a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment