Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Full Hydraulic Steering Completed!

The full hydraulic steering system utilizing an 8 inch PSC hydraulic ram, a PSC orbital steering valve, custom fit hoses and a heavy duty truck power steering pump is finally finished.

When I first tested it I realized the stock reservior was much to small but I did not want to spend upwards of $200 on a new high capacity tank so I decided to make one. I found an old dented up stainless steel 1 Liter bottle, brushed all the stickers and paint off of it, cut a hole in the bottom and JB Welded a hose fitting on the bottom of it. I also drilled a small hole in the top to act as vent and as of now it seems to be working just as good as a $200 one.


This setup allows you to turn the tires from lock to lock with one finger evenwhen the vehicle is stationary. Here's a video of it in action... It's not the best video of it as I was trying to both video and run the wheel at the same time but I'll try and get a better one up soon.

 
The next projects I've got to finish up are custom making a driveline as well as hooking up the brakes. Here's a picture of the whole buggy just to give you an update of what it is looking like all together. (To enlarge the image, or any image, just click on it)



No comments:

Post a Comment