Monday, March 4, 2013

Changin' out the Powerplant

Today, I installed the torque converter into the TH350 transmission and then bolted it all up to the new Chevy 350, there's a good link on how to install a torque converter on the right side of the page. After I had this assembly together I pulled out the old engine and tranny and dropped this one in.


For mounts I used the same front mount that holds the engine up but since the transmission went from being a big manual truck transmission to an automatic TH350 I had to cut out the old transmission mount and make a new one further back. The new engine and tranny assembly fit very well in the frame area. I now am working on getting everything hooked back up like the carburetor and all the hoses and whatnot that I had to take off to drop it in the frame.



On a different note, after a long search I have finally found some wheels for the front. They are aluminum, Chevy 6 lug, 15 inch wheels that a friend had lying around and gave to me free of charge which is a great help as I am already quite a bit over budget. For tires I picked up some used 35 inch offroad tires off of Craigslist. The tires came with wheels but they were the wrong lug pattern so I am just going to turn around and sell the wheels to hopefully offset the cost of the tires, or at least the majority of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment